This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Your Privacy is Important to us
This notice informs you how we use the information you give us and how we protect your privacy. It also explains your rights under the UK Data Protection Act (update 2018) and the EU General Data Protection Regulations 2018. We abide by UK Law and our data protection regulator within the UK is the Information Commissioners Office.
Collecting of and purpose for your information
We offer services and products to our clients. To provide these, we may need to collect personal data such as name, address, contact details.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Your information may be used to introduce you to the services we offer, to help with ongoing administration, to contact you with any review or changes that are applicable, for our own business research and analysis.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Withholding of the required data may result in an insufficient service being provided.
We may obtain data from individual customers or from employer firms.
We also collect Personal Information, by using cookies, pixels, server logs, and other similar technology as you use the Site. Where we use third party cookie providers, such providers may also receive this Personal Information. When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, the website which have come to the Site from which is automatically recognised by our web server This helps us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use and is used to help deliver our content to you online and also help others to tailor content you might see online.
Sharing your data
We may share your personal data with the following organisations –
- We may verify your identity by searching publicly available records held by credit reference agencies
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them
We will not sell or share your information with any other third parties unless we have obtained additional consent from you.
You should be aware that our site collects and stores information about you that is generated automatically when you use is. This includes information about the device that you are using as you access the site, and your location when you access the site. If you browse the site but do not make a purchase, we may store information about the products you explored and the things you looked at, as we believe that if you return to the site, this information helps us to provide you with a more personalised shopping experience.
On the site, your date may also be seen by our third-party service providers. These are companies who we believe provide services that are beneficial to both you the user, and us the supplier, and we aim to provide a balance between personalising your browsing experience and respecting your privacy rights. This information is collected and stored on our logs using data from cookies, pixels and similar technology. Cookies are small text files placed in the devices of a visitor in order to store information and occasionally track information about you. These cookies help us understand your browsing behaviour, and allow us to tailor our offering to hopefully make your browsing experience on our site more enjoyable for you, the user. You can learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. A pixel is code that is embedded into our site and it can collect information about users’ engagement on that web page. This pixel allows us to record whether a user may have visited a particular page or perhaps clicked on a particular advert, and this enables us to gather data on your tastes and preferences so that we can show you the products that we think you may like most on our site. If using our site, you are allowing us to gather and retain this data.
Below is a description of the types of cookies you might find around the site:
Essential – these enable you to navigate the site, and use all of the features provided by us.
Functionality – these enable us to remember that you have visited before and any information or preferences that you may have provided to enable us to customise your browsing experience.
Analytical and performance – this is information that is used by the site to ensure that it is running to optimum performance. These help us work out information such as visitor numbers and frequency and how long you spend on the site and what areas you view most so that we can help you make the most of our products and website. We also use third parties such as Google Analytics to help us analyse this data and use it to make informed decisions about the site.
Retargeting or advertising – these cookies are able to collect data about pages you visit and products you view, as well as other information about websites you browse. This allows us to see what you favourite products are and may result in you seeing adverts from us about products you have viewed, or that we think may be relevant to your tastes. This may include third party sites such as Facebook and Instagram.
Your rights regarding your data
- We will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary and as a maximum no longer than 5 years after you have terminated as a client of our firm unless there is a lawful basis for retention
- Should your data be inaccurate we will rectify this without delay
- Should you wish us to delete your data at any point, please contact the office as shown further below to make the request. This will be actioned unless there is a lawful basis for us to retain the information in which case you will be advised accordingly
- Should you wish to transfer your data to another organisation, please contact the office as below and we will organise this for you
- You can request access to your data at any time. We will provide you with a full copy within one month of your request
- You can withdraw consent to us holding and processing your information at any time. Please contact the office as below should you wish to do this
- We may provide you with updates and bulletins which are appropriate to your service on an ongoing basis – this will be explained to you if it is applicable. You can opt out of these should you wish to – contact us and advise us if you wish to
We have in place a full information security policy, business continuity and disaster recovery plans. We take data security very seriously and have in place we feel the most secure options available to store and transfer your data securely. We can provide details on request.
Where we store your personal data:
Our contact details
Should you wish to contact us in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:Data Protection Officer The Magic Flower Company
The Magic Flower Company Ltd., The Coach House, Church Lane, Suffolk, IP6 9JD
You will be responded to as promptly as possible
Your right to complain
Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to our firm, you can contact us as above or you can contact our regulator as follows:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
We are required under the Regulations to obtain your consent to our collection, processing, sharing and holding of your personal data. Please ensure you have read this notice fully and accept all that it contains. If you have any queries, please contact us directly. Please contact us should you not be able to read or understand this notice sufficiently.